It was a fun and insightful afternoon at Chevrolet’s TRAVEL TAILS: KNOW MORE ABOUT YOUR PUP AND KEEP THEM HAPPY event last July 23 at Chevrolet Makati. Everyone learned so much about how a dog is a part of our lifestyle, and of course, part of our travels!
The event featured Chevrolet’s top dog-friendly SUVs – the Trailblazer and Captiva.
Here’s Hunter the Golden Retriever, one of the dogs from our event partner, Better Dog Canine Center, enjoying a seat inside the Chevrolet Trailblazer.
At the back is Rio, sitting comfortably and getting ready to travel inside the Trailblazer.
Jane Go of sugargospice.com and his husband Kap with their very own English bulldog, Jela.
Jojo Isorena, owner of Better Dog Canine Center, and Atty. Albert Arcilla, President and Managing Director of Chevrolet Philippines, enjoying a chat before the program
Nuffie Estell and Nuffnanger Cat Arambulo of catarambulo.com with James Deakin
Bloggerati talents Camie Juan of wild-spirit.net and Arisse de Santos of arissedesantos.com getting a high five from Hunter!
Hunter getting lots of love from Nuffnanger Angela Nepomuceno of lushangel.com
Patrick Sugui striking a pose with Hunter
Justin Quirino was our host for the day
Atty. Albert welcoming everyone at the Chevrolet Travel Tails event
Sir Jojo discussing how a dog is not just a pet, it’s a lifestyle
Hunter and Rio showing amazing tricks with their owners and trainers, Jennie and Elsie from Better Dog Canine Center
After the seminar, Sir Jojo also answered some questions from the audience.
Here’s what we learned during the event:
- Not all canines can handle road trips, so it’s best to take a few practice runs before a major journey.
- Restrain dogs during car trips for their safety and yours. The Chevrolet Trailblazer’s spacious cargo area can accommodate a good-size pet carrier. Never let a pet ride in front because it could be seriously injured or killed if an air bag deploys.
- As with children, never leave any pet alone in the car. On a warm, sunny day, even with the windows open, a parked vehicle can become dangerously hot in no time, and heatstroke can develop. Furthermore, unattended pets can be stolen.
- For dogs with anxiety issues or who bark a lot, try a chew treat to keep them occupied. Chewing and licking are very soothing to dogs, and may help yours relax.
- Identify dog-friendly restaurants, hotels and dog parks on your travel route.
- Some people snacks – like chocolate – can be fatal to dogs. Make sure that your picnic basket or food stash is not accessible to your dog.
- Incase you become separated with your pet, carry a current photo. Additionally, never allow your dog to leave the vehicle without the collar, ID tag and leash.
Atty. Albert and Cat with Ms. Lyn Buena, Senior Vice President for Marketing and Customer Services of Chevrolet Philippines
Congressman Irwin Tieng, Justin Quirino, The BetterDog Canine Center team, Lyn Buena, and Roex Pestano
A huge thanks to all our dog-loving bloggers and media friends who came and took part in TRAVEL TAILS: KNOW MORE ABOUT YOUR PUP AND KEEP THEM HAPPY! And of course to Chevrolet Philippines- the Covenant Car Company Inc, Chevrolet Makati, and Better Dog Canine Center!