Singapore Tourism Board
Nuffnang Featured Advertiser for the month of October
If there is one word that best captures Singapore, it is “unique”.
A dynamic city rich in contrast and colour, you’ll find a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture here. Brimming with unbridled energy, this little dynamo in Southeast Asia embodies the finest of both East and West.
The Singapore Tourism Board’s (STB) 2009 Reasons to enjoy Singapore campaign, through collaboration with industry partners, aims to provide visitors with travel packages and promotions that offer quality and exciting experiences at value-for-money prices.
Many of these promotions will revolve around Singapore’s exciting signature events. In the coming months, visitors can look forward to the following signature events:
- 2009 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX & Singapore GP Season (September)
A brand new event that visitors and locals can look forward this year is F1 ROCKSTM, which is a part of Singapore GP Season. F1 ROCKSTM will complement the lifestyle and entertainment celebrations surrounding the world’s only FORMULA ONE night race with its impressive line-up of international artistes, such as Beyonce, N*E*R*D and Jacky Cheung.
- One City Three Festivals (August-October)
One City Three Festivals showcases Singapore’s multi-cultural heritage with the Mid-Autumn Festival, Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Deepavali celebrations.
- Hari Raya Aidilfitri (14 August – 27 September)marks the end of the fasting month for Singapore’s Muslim community
- The Chinese Mid Autumn Festival (19 September – 17 October) is celebrated on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month, with lanterns and delicious mooncakes
- Deepavali (18 September – 25 October) celebrates the triumph of light over darkness (good over evil) and is the most important festival in the Hindu calendar
- Singapore Sun Festival (October)
The Singapore Sun Festival returns in its third year with activities and performances that promote Living Well. You will enjoy 500 international and regional artists and over 180 events and choose from an array of wellness sessions to pamper yourself with.
- Christmas in the Tropics (November-December)
Festive performances, shopping specials throughout Singapore’s shopping districts and neighbourhoods, and the spectacular street light-up down Orchard Road and Marina Bay will all get you into the perfect Christmas spirit.
With its friendly and welcoming people, state-of-the-art infrastructure and something new happening everyday, Singapore is a unique holiday destination like no other.
Find out more about Singapore at www.visitsingapore.com